Grants and Scholarships
LINLA is investing in the future of our industry through Academic Scholarships & Innovation Grants
Scholarships -- APPLICATION -- Deadline February 12, 2021
Our scholarship program supports outstanding students in horticulture or landscape design who intend to pursue a career in their field of study on Long Island.
The requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- Applicant must be continuing studies in horticulture or landscape design.
- Applicant must have intent on pursuing a career in horticulture or landscape design, preferably on Long Island.
- Applicant must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Applicant must be sponsored or recommended by a horticultural or landscape design instructor or employer.
- Applicant should demonstrate leadership potential and activity in the green industry through work experience or extracurricular activities.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in the field of horticulture or landscape design.
- Preference may be given to individuals demonstrating financial need.
2021 LONG ISLAND NURSERY & LANDSCAPE INNOVATIVE GRANTS -- APPLICATION -- Deadline February 12, 2021
The Long Island Nursery & Landscape Association is offering an opportunity for innovators to apply for grants. Applications will be accepted from nursery & landscape professionals, students, clubs or organizations, colleges, universities & schools, research facilities, botanical gardens or arboreta. Awards may be presented for activities, projects, studies, programs, equipment development, courses, tours, trips or other endeavors that may qualify. Proposals must have some impact on the local nursery, wholesale nursery, landscape or retail horticulture industry. In reviewing applications from qualifying institutions, the innovative nature of the request as well as the effectiveness of the proposal in enhancing learning in the field of horticulture will be considered.
Sincerely, Grants & Scholarships Committee Long Island Nursery and Landscape Association
(516) 249-0545 info@LINLA.org